The Accounting/Inventory Clerk will be a key contributor to the accounting and operations teams for DERMAFLASH. S/He is responsible for supporting the Sales/Operations Manager and Director of Finance & Accounting in all necessary functions to ensure that inventory reporting and AP/AR are timely and accurate.
Invoicing, A/R and Cash Application:
· Records customer deposits, deductions and adjustments to customer accounts.
· Reviews customer chargebacks/deductions and communicates with appropriate team members to confirm validity.
· Reviews customer accounts receivables and works with sales team members to collect balances on time. Sends customer statements monthly and communicates with customers to verify their balances.
· Receives and records sales orders from customers. Upon direction from Sales/Ops Manager, push through pick tickets to the warehouse for order fulfilment. Assist sales team members with open pick tickets/fulfilment questions.
· Assist with preparation and recording of client invoices.
· Reviews customer terms applications.
· Monitor customer terms and charge credit cards for customers who do not have terms. Ensure product shipments do not go out before payment received for customers without terms.
· Ensure appropriate sales tax and VAT tax on invoices. Files sales tax monthly. Liaison with outsourced sales tax professionals.
Other duties may include:
· Gathering information for annual audit.
· Assisting with special accounting projects, as necessary, and general accounting functions.
· Performing other duties as needed in the accounting department.
· Bachelors’ or Associates Degree in Business, Accounting or related field is helpful.
· Experience with filing state sales tax +
· One to five years of relevant work experience (accounting or inventory management preferred).
· Strong computer skills required, including Excel spreadsheets and word processing.
· Capable of performing high volume data entry
· Ability to manage multiple priorities successfully and meet strict deadlines.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Clear English-language communication skills, both written and orally, with the ability to communicate across departments (sales, operations, accounting).