To provide accounting support in accordance with the objects and procedures outlined by Izzo Insurance Services, Inc. To process invoices, apply payments in a timely manner, prepare bank deposits, process payments to brokers, carriers and any other vendors. Provide various accounting reports as required by management.
Responsible to the Office Manager. Works closely with the Office Manager and provides accounting support for all departments.
Primary Job Function and Responsibility:
- Invoice all direct bill policy, either through direct bill download or manually entering. Invoice any and all agency billing that needs to be completed. Complete any premium finance agreements that are needed.
- Process all incoming checks, prepared weekly bank deposits. Complete any virtual checks, scan and save in AMS.
- Prepare monthly commission payable statements to brokers and issue checks.
- Responsible for collecting any return broker commissions that are owed.
- Prepare monthly carrier accounts payable. Issue carrier checks prior to the 15th of each month. Prepare any needed carrier checks throughout the month.
- Monthly complete bank reconciliation for Premium Trust.
- File any surplus lines taxes that are required.
- Provide various accounting reports as required by management.
- Maintain individual broker information required for brokers to place business with agency.
- Responsible for adding new brokers into the AMS system, requesting missing broker information and follow up.
- Receptionist backup and lunch relief. Answer all incoming telephone calls. Process any incoming and outgoing mail, which includes preparing packages for overnight mail delivery.
- Processing, scanning and E-mailing any faxed documents to the appropriate individual.
- Any miscellaneous clerical duties that are assigned such faxing, stamping folders, etc.
- Pursue a program for personal and professional development.
- Uphold and promote the professional and ethical standards of the agency.