Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and total accounts.
- Computes and records changes, refunds, costs of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
- Types vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
- Reconciles bank statement.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Write reports and business correspondence.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Solve practical problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computer and word processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel documents and office equipment. May occasionally be required to lift up to 10 pounds a distance of 30 feet as needed. Must be able to move freely throughout the location, including moving up and down stairs. Must be able to sit for up to 50% of the work day.
The job tasks are performed in an office environment with moderate environmental conditions present, such as temperature, noise levels, etc.
- 1 year(s): Six (6) months to one year experience
- Associates or better