Substation Project Manager, 8/4/2020, Direct Hire
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Substation Project Manager is to serve as a high level technical lead as well as lead project management and client management for substation projects up to 500kv.
- Perform complex assignments exercising judgment in evaluation selection and modification of standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Serve as a key client contact and project manager on larger project and will make decisions on significant design and engineering procedures.
- Position will also plan organize and supervise small to medium staff of professionals and technicians.
- Lead QA/QC process on all substation projects as well as mentor EIT and PE level engineers in the Substation Business Group.
- Assist or lead projects as a client lead and/or project manager.
- May supervise small staff of professionals and technicians.
- Some travel may be required.
- Perform other duties as needed
- BSEE or related degree required.
- Ability and commitment to obtain PMP or P.E.
- 10+ years of experience in substation design up to 500kV required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or ability or obtain is desired.
- Experience managing/mentoring staff and providing technical leadership.
- Strong client and project management skills are required.
- Specific experience performing all aspects of Substation design including: ACAD P&C project cost estimates GA Preparation Optimization Specifications and Drawings for Power Substation projects up to 500kV One Line Diagrams General Arrangements Sections Grounding Conduit Plans Foundation Plans Material Lists Relay and Control Systems Control Schematics and Wiring Diagrams.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
35,976 - 46,678 /yearWhat is this?