We are seeking an experienced, full-time Accounting Associate. This position is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of our AP & AR cycle on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a high volume, fast paced environment with the ability to work independently on daily tasks. 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting processes and general ledger knowledge is required. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and vendors. Excellent organizational skills are needed and must possess the ability to prioritize and multi-task without compromising accuracy and timeliness of end products
Scope and Responsibilities
- Daily bookkeeping entries, including AP and AR invoicing
- Assist with updating and balancing the general ledger, sub-ledgers and balance sheets including journal entries and cash reconciliation
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements and resolves issues and discrepancies
- Prepare cash flow analysis, especially related to capital equipment and physical facility expense forecasting and funding
- Assist in preparation of financial reports and the month-closing process
- Manage all accounts payable check runs and wholesale receivables invoicing and payment receipts.
- Assist in compensation, benefits planning, logistics and management
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Problem solving and process improvement capabilities
- Interfacing with outside CPA firm
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in Accounting
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel
- Experience interfacing with POS systems
- Cannabis industry knowledge or interest is desired
This is a full-time position located at our main location in the beautiful Berkshires of Western Massachusetts.
To apply, forward a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Why us? Berkshire Roots is the leading cannabis purveyor in Western Massachusetts, home to the largest indoor cannabis grow space in the Berkshires. We’ve been bringing wellness to our community with cannabis since 2018. We support our community through volunteering, donations to local nonprofits and creating jobs.
Berkshire Roots, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. We value an innovative and collaborative culture, celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Visit www.berkshireroots.com to learn more.