Accounting Clerk, Accounts Receivable
Typenex Medical is currently seeking an Accounting Clerk, Accounts Receivable to join our team in Chicago, IL 60601.
Who we are:
Since 2004, Typenex Medical has been developing medical solutions that meet the ever-changing demands of the healthcare industry. We started with the Original Typenex Blood Band, helping to provide the best possible results to those delivering and receiving blood transfusions. Throughout our growth and advancement, the core part of our operation continues to focus on how we can better serve patients and caregivers. Now, our team supports more areas of specialty than ever — and we are continuing to expand our reach in the healthcare industry every day.
Visit us: https://www.typenex.com /
About the role:
The Accounting Clerk is directly responsible for the accounts receivable process, including maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and resolving account irregularities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Accounting Clerk will also provide financial, administrative, and clerical support as well as be responsible for special projects as assigned by management.
What you’ll do:
- Generate and distribute invoices and statements to customers.
- Perform the day-to-day processing of financial transactions to ensure that the Company’s general ledger is maintained in an effective, up to date, and accurate manner.
- Maintain updated customer information including sales tax exemption forms.
- Investigate collection problems and advise customers on corporate A/R policies and procedures.
- Make arrangements for payment of outstanding and late accounts; prepare documentation for upper management.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments; apply adjustments and/or corrections to billing records.
- Perform account analysis to ensure entries and balances are correct.
- Enter bi-weekly Wacker bills into various entities QuickBooks files.
- Enter weekly, bi-monthly, and monthly journal entries into various QuickBooks files.
- Continuously provide input toward the improvement of accounts receivable and month end and annual close processes.
- Update and maintain all accounts receivable and monthly/annual close process SOPs.
- Prepare, maintain, and file accounting documents, reports, and records.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
- Perform other accounting tasks and projects as needed.
- Associate’s Degree or 3 years of relative work experience.
- Able to conduct research, gather data, and organize information to present data in a meaningful way.
- Effective attention to detail and displays a high degree of accuracy in work. Able to monitor own work for quality and thoroughness.
- Adept at problem-solving, including identifying issues and finding solutions with minimal direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Oracle and QuickBooks preferred.
- Displays integrity and commitment to excellence in all work.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal direction.
- Experience interacting with internal multifunctional teams and external customers.
- Displays a positive, team player attitude and ability to collaborate well with others.
- Able to work in the headquarters office located in Chicago, IL.
- Able to remain in a stationary position, either sitting or standing, for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to move about the office to access common equipment such as filing cabinets, copier, printer, etc.
- Able to adjust or move objects up to 35 pounds.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
- 401(k) Matching.
- Flexible Time Off.