Cogent's corporate office is currently seeking a positive, hardworking, self-motivated individual for an Accounting Clerk/Admin position in Kansas City, MO. This entry-level position will be responsible for the general support of our accounting/finance department and also answer phones as part of Cogent's first impression team for the entire company. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join a team where you can make a difference! Cogent is an Employee Owned business where employees expect their teammates to work hard, be creative, and get engaged. Typical responsibilities of this position are:
Accounting Clerk duties:
- Verifies the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Updates and maintains accounting journals, ledgers, and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable).
- Enters data into Prophet 21 accounting system.
- Compiles data and prepares a variety of reports.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- May create invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
- Investigates questionable data.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Answer calls, screen, provide information, forward calls, or take messages in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provides information about the business, such as the location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Greet persons entering the establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and directs or escorts them to specific destinations.
- Other administrative duties as needed.