Accounting Clerk - Accounts Receivable Specialist
Under the direct supervision of the Controller, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will provide financial, clerical and administrative support to ensure efficient, timely and accurate collection of accounts under his or her control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and mail customer invoices based on product shipped.
- Perform various banking tasks.
- Monitor and track aging of receivables.
- Ensure verbal and written collection notices are made at the appropriate times.
- Evaluate customer credit worthiness and maintain credit files.
- Deposit/post payments from customers daily.
- Research any outstanding balances.
- Call customers with outstanding balances
- General Ledger reconciliation for AR and Cash.
- Update Credit Hold List and pending credit applications and distribute to Sales Department.
- Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Track and post Freight invoices daily.
- Issue RMA’s (Returned Material Authorization) and credits
- File freight Claims
- Communicate with other team members to resolve customer concerns.
- Perform other related duties and projects as required and assigned.
Skills and Specifications:
- Must exhibit strong sense for detail and accuracy.
- Must have basic computer knowledge in excel and other MS Office programs.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with customers and others.
- Must have excellent negotiation and diplomatic skills when collecting due payments.
- Must exhibit strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in A/R and cash collection roles in Manufacturing environment.
- Detail oriented
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment