At CoreCivic we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking an Accounting Clerk, Community Corrections who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in a residential setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services and residential and non-residential transition centers. We provide effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, CoreCivic operates more than 70 security facilities nationwide and over 50 community residential and non- residential centers. Our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism, and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Accounting Clerk, Community Corrections is responsible for calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain and record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records.
- Verify and post business transactions, such as purchase orders, accounts payable and other types of expenditures or receipts, to the appropriate account.
- Assist with or prepare accounts payable packages, accounts payable accruals, check requests, petty cash reimbursements, and bank reconciliation's accurately and in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Compile, prepare and accurately maintain a variety of standard operating records and reports, including those required by management, contracting agency and/or government regulations; review reports and records produced by staff; properly process all reports and documents in a timely manner.
- Accurately input numeric and alphanumeric data, to include checks, statements, reports and other records, and produce finished documents efficiently, using applications software programs on a computerized system; copy, compile and distribute as necessary.
- Create and/or maintain general files in an organized manner, to include sorting, labeling, filing and retrieving, in accordance with CoreCivic file retention and storage procedures; guards against unauthorized access to the records; and maintains confidentiality and security of records.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent and two years experience in accounting or a closely related field is required. Additional qualifying education may be substituted for experience.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Must demonstrate a knowledge of accepted accounting principles and Excel. Proficiency of Microsoft Word for Windows is preferred.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE– M/F/Vets/Disabled.