Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders.Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a union position.
Summary/General Description Of Job:
The Incumbent works under the general direction of the Finance Manager. The Accounting Clerk III will perform a variety of accounting duties in a timely and accurate manner. Primarily responsible for the review and posting of the Payroll in accordance with State & Federal laws as well as Contract, CBA and Corporate requirements.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Maintains the payroll systems, including controls to ensure that the payroll system reflects complete and authorized standing data. Authorized standing data includes, but is not limited to new hires, terminations, pay rate changes, and payroll deductions.
- Ensures that disbursements of company funds are for valid services performed.
- Ensures payroll calculations are based on authorized and accurate transactions.
- Prepares payroll deductions and benefits, both voluntary and compulsory. Ensures that payroll deductions and benefits records are adequately identifiable in the general ledger and that the payments to third parties are timely and accurate. Payroll deductions include, but are not limited to tax payments, child support, 401 (k) contribution, health and life reconciliation, long-term disability, workers' compensation, vacation and personal leave, CBA, and SCA benefits.
- Prepares weekly and biweekly payrolls and related weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Processes other payrolls and related weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required (i.e., Davis-Bacon).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Timely, accurate, cost-effective performance of duties.
- Maintaining assigned work schedule.
- Working closely and harmoniously with fellow workers.
- Maintaining complete confidentiality of all finance related matters.
- Adhering to all safety and environmental requirements.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- Associates degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- Three years' payroll experience
- Familiarity with Davis-Bacon and Service Contract Act and Union Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Experience with a variety of software to include Microsoft MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Payroll experience with an automated accounting system
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- High degree of interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficient in using general office equipment to include printers, scanners, and fax machines
- Ten-key by touch
- Valid state driver's license with acceptable driving record pertinent to the position
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract
- U.S. Citizenship
- NACI, after hire
- Associate Degree in Accounting
- Payroll experience obtained working in a job cost environment
- Experience with Lawson software
Competitive wages and great benefits