Atlas Executive Consulting, LLC (Atlas) has an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Clerk III located in San Diego to support our client engagements within the federal government. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with attention to detail, audit, and analytical talents.
- Processing various types of Government funding and documents
- Recording transactions within the official accounting system
- Extracting, manipulating, and analyzing data from various sources
- Assisting with Accounting reconciliations
- Utilizing principles of appropriation law to provide financial support as it pertains to funding in a Working Capital Fund Activity
- Providing help desk support by resolving problems, maintaining problem logs and database systems, and assisting in system upgrades
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as accounting, finance, business administration, business law, economics, or statistics OR have at least 5 years of experience working in a related field such as finance, analysis, accounting, or economics
- Must comply with company policies and maintain a neat and clean work area, operate all equipment in a safe manner, and report any unsafe acts or conditions to the immediate supervisor or management official
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles and Practices
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
- Knowledge of computers and ability to navigate/enter information into established databases
- Prior Navy financial experience or military veteran a strong plus
- Active Secret Clearance is a strong plus
Applicants selected will be subject to an in-depth government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Instructions to Apply: Please apply via our online portal. Thank you for your interest!
Atlas, www.atlasexecutive.com, is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business specializing in business management consulting to the Department of Defense and other Federal Agencies. Atlas was recently named one of Consulting Magazines 2017 seven Small Jewels, highlighting the growth and innovation the firm brings to market. In 2016, Atlas was named the #1 best midsize business to work for in San Diego and is considered one of the fastest growing businesses in South Carolina by the SC business news. Atlas was named #1,211 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies.
Atlas is an EEO/AA/Disability/VETS Employer. Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status. Atlas will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters. Nor will Atlas require, in a posting or otherwise, U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency in the U.S. as a condition of employment except as necessary to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state or local government contract.