Our client, a Fortune 50 global leader in the financial services industry, is hiring an Accounting Clerk to join their Global Internal Reconcilement & Control (GIRC) organization within the Corporate Controller group in Riverside, Rhode Island.
The team consists of 100 employees located in Hyderabad and Gurgaon, India and Providence, Rhode Island. They team's key priority is performing balance sheet GL and bank owned DDA reconciliations on behalf of Finance and lines of business in compliance with the Enterprise Account Reconciliation Policy, and subsequent EZREC reporting and sign off. The team is also responsible for identifying any risks associated with the reconciliations performed, self-reporting them to the Global Reconciliation Governance team and working with their LOB partners through issue resolution. There are approximately 4500 reconciliations performed in total, and new reconciliations are added each year as new lines of business approach GIRC for their services.
The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for:
- Performing daily, weekly or monthly reconciliations on behalf of his/her LOB partners.
- The analyst will obtain the appropriate ledger, sub ledger and activity support and complete a thorough reconciliation, document evidence of the reconciliation and explain any reconciling items.
- On a monthly basis, the analyst will report details of his/her reconciliations in EZREC and provide attestation that all policy requirements were complied with. Most of the analyst's interactions will be with his/her internal team and direct LOB partners.
- The analyst will be introduced to new business partners as part of the Account Migrations process which brings in new reconciliations to be performed by GIRC. In these instances, the analyst will work with the project team to onboard new reconciliations to be added to their portfolio.
- This role will present development opportunities in the areas of financial analysis, business partnering, process improvement and issue resolution.
Candidates with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- 1-2 years experience in financial/accounting industry
- Intermediate excel knowledge with interest to advanced
- Comfort working with complex Financial Products such as general ledger and sub ledger systems
- Experienced in business partnering and resolving issues
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter; able to quickly learn new concepts and operate with limited supervision
- BS/BA - Finance/Accounting preferred
- SAP/eLedger, Oracle GL
- Experience performing GL reconciliations to sub ledgers or bank statements
- Experienced in general ledger research
- Experience with documentation of a financial process
- Problem solving capability
- Ability to participate in projects with guidance from project lead