We are looking for an exceptional Accounting Clerk who wants to make a difference in the world and in our company. At Client, the right person will have:
- Opportunity to grow professionally in your skills and your career
- Meaningful work that's making the world a better place
- Fun being part of an energetic team in a growing company with an award-winning culture.
Client is a growing, highly respected marketing agency in Sacramento that specializes in making positive social impact. We help public agencies, nonprofits and socially beneficial companies to create positive social impact by creating campaigns that influence people to make healthier, safer and more sustainable choices.
We're looking for an Accounting Clerk as part of our accounting team to manage our billing and receivables.About the Opportunity
This position is ideal if you have at least 2-3 years' experience in a fast-paced small- to mid-size business and are looking for a clear career path in bookkeeping and accounting. We want you to dig in, become a valuable member of our team, and use your skills to impress internal and external clients.
Fit for our culture is very important. We love having fun and working as teams. We love making a difference in the world and celebrating our wins. We highly value diversity, strategic vision for solving problems and commitment to getting the job done.
To be considered, you must be organized, thorough and a natural project manager. Primary duties will include:
- Primary responsibility for all client invoicing
- Generate vendor Purchase Orders from internal Purchase Requisitions approved by Account Supervisor or Media Director
- Process incoming mail concerning billing and invoicing
- Deposit client payments
- Receive and process Accounts Payables for payment
- Assist in reconciling billing records with records maintained by client services staff
- Available to help client services teams create or troubleshoot spreadsheets or help with other accounting-related billing issues or cost proposals as needed
- Manage insurance documentation (Certificates of Insurance) for contracts
- Track and process employee expense reports
- Reconcile all company credit card statements
- Maintain supporting documentation for vendor and client transactions. This includes scanning and saving all backup documentation to company server and attaching documentation in QuickBooks.
- Keep track of and maintain company subscriptions and memberships
- Assist Accounting Manager as needed.
Additional duties may include assistance to Accounting Manager to:
- Process payroll through an external payroll service
- Enter records in QuickBooks
- Run reports and maintain ledgers in QuickBooks
- Audit ledgers to ensure they contain correct information
- Maintain Accounts Receivables projections
- Reconcile bank statements with general ledger
- Reconcile Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable ledgers
- Ensure prompt payment of invoices.
Requirements for the position are:
- Associate degree in accounting, finance or related field required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks (must)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Very proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Two to five years' progressive experience in accounting setting for a small- to mid-size business.
- Experience with Office 365 Teams is also valuable, but not required.
We offer a unique, fun, invigorating work environment creating marketing campaigns that create measurable behavior change for positive social impact. We are award-winning for our work and for our workplace as one of Sacramento's "Best Places to Work,? where we prioritize health, culture, and fun. We also work very hard, because we have pride and passion in what we do. And we take good care of our clients with exceptional service, and have been growing consistently as a result.
We also take good care of our team members with excellent paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) match and profit sharing, plus a generous holiday schedule as well as professional development and fun team-building opportunities.