Employment Status: Full-Time
Reports To: Office Manager
The Accounting Clerk assists the Bookkeeper in all aspects of Accounting functions, including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, journal entries, general ledger accounts and bank reconciliations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the bookkeeper in maintaining all financial transactions of a business unit.
- Process accounts receivable and payable transactions daily.
- Assist in creating deposits for daily checks received.
- Process new/terminated employees as needed by Office Manager.
- Maintains updated company vehicle directory, gas cards, registration, and insurance in coordination with the Operations Manager.
- Add and delete drivers from the insurance policy in conjunction with hire or termination.
- Assist in entering and applying credit card payments into accounting software.
- Code and enter all payables; forward to CEO or Project Manager for approval.
- Reconcile all accounts payable statements.
- Prepare checks for monthly company vehicle inspections that are due and ensure each driver receives them.
- Follow up with customers on past due invoices.
- Comply with federal, state and local SAFS Rules (Statement of Financial Accounting Standards) by studying and enforcing adherence to policies and procedures; filing reports and advising management on needed actions.
- Assign, distribute, and manage all company gas cards.
- Assist bookkeeper with all other accounting activities as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial data analysis.
- Ability to use accounting software to record, store, and analyze financial data.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills; high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to prepare, review and understand a financial statement.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years' of bookkeeping experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Associates degree in accounting or business administration.
- Experience with Great Plains and Service Titan.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Physical requirements include lifting up to 10 pounds occasionally. Subject to sitting for extended periods of time to perform job scope. Working conditions are in an office environment.
Self-motivated and able to handle rapidly changing priorities and several tasks simultaneously. Must be able to respond to difficult situations with customers and co-workers with high level of professionalism. Must be able to communicate effectively with vendors and co-workers. Must be able to follow safety guidelines at all times. Must have ability to manage and lead effectively.
Maintaining and satisfying attendance requirements is an essential function of this position including working all full-time regular hours as established for this position and any scheduled emergency overtime. All employees in this job classification are required to satisfy this requirement. This job classification may not include “light duty” work or allow unpredictable or unrestricted absences.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.