If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr. Accounting Clerk
4+ month contract (can go PERM!)
Position is required to maintenance day-to-day payroll tax operations and to provide technical support for required regulatory reporting.
1. Bachelors Degree in Accounting preferred
2. Tax calculation, reporting, and deposit experience preferred.
3. Knowledge of federal, state, and local withholding and unemployment reporting.
4. Experience with MasterTax reporting software preferred.
5. PeopleSoft HRMS experience (version 9.1 or higher) preferred.
6. Strong Excel skills required.
7. Query report writing experience desired.
8. Experience in jurisdictional tax audits preferred.
9. Must be capable of handling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
10. Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm *****Must be willing and able to work overtime and some Sat and Sun for about a month mid Dec into Jan
Additional Job Details:
Principal Job Duties:
• Coordinate and provide all information and answer questions for payroll tax audits.
• Work with GL and Benefits accounting staff to help analyze and reconcile payroll tax related GL accounts. Maintain and update all quarterly reports used in balancing payroll taxes.
• Prepare and mail all semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly and year-end tax returns to ensure they are completed correctly and filed on time.
• Respond to requests for duplicate W2s.
• Oversee the preparation and distribution of Quarter-End and Year-End reports used in reconciling and preparing tax returns.
• Prepare local tax withholding returns during Quarter-End.
• Assist with the preparation of State Withholding and SUTA returns.
• Assist with the balancing and preparation of all required quarterly and annual federal tax returns (940s & 941s).
• Maintain primary responsibility for preparation of amended local tax returns.
• Maintain all daily, weekly, and monthly tax deposit functions.
• Ensure timely archiving of prior period tax information and maintenance of group archive material in accordance with corporate policy.
• Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178