The accounting coordinator is responsible for the receipt and accounting of funds being paid to the organization and for compiling and maintaining accounts payable records. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed to account for the receipt of payment for goods and services completed by the organization.
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer instead of VP of Finance
- Must have two to three years’ experience with or formal training in accounts payable and receivables
- Must have basic knowledge in general accounting principles
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office, Excel, and other applicable software
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Must be fluent in English
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
Preferred Education and Experience: Must have at least 4-5 years of experience instead of 2- years of experience
- Applies customer payments.
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies.
- Processes credit card payments and credits.
- Makes adjustments to accounts as needed.
- Prepares daily manual deposits.
- Enters accounts payable invoices into the system.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
- Assists Chief Financial Officer as necessary.
- Prepares cleared checks for storage.
- Assists in monthly closings, including, but not limited to, preparation of monthly brokerage reports and bills
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Performs filing and coping.
- Assist with driving continuous improvement
Great Perks Include:
- Team-oriented environment!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Competitive salaries!
- Opportunity for advancement!