Director, REIT Accounting
- Responsible for the oversight of all accounting and reporting for the REIT
- Manage, mentor and develop a team that includes one manager and three accountants
- Manage the monthly and quarterly close process including preparation and review of the consolidated financial statements, detailed account reconciliations, fixed asset activity, revenue recognition, lease accounting and hotel operating results.
- Oversight of the quarterly reporting process including ensuring compliance with all SEC regulatory matters; manage the internal and external review process of all SEC filings (such as auditor, internal and external legal counsel, and senior management).
- Maintaining REIT level forecast models
- Manage external relationships with operators and tenants
- Assist with research on technical accounting matters and drafting accounting treatment position papers to executive management
- Facilitate closings of commercial real estate transactions
- Collaborate with other reporting teams to drive consistency and effective process improvements.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and ensure integrity of data.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis; oversee preparation of board and committee materials, dividend declaration package, and investor and rating agency presentations for executive management.
- Lead on all compliance related matters including quarterly review and year-end audit support.
- Review internal controls and process flow charts to ensure compliance with SOX 404; coordinate SOX 404 testing with internal and external auditors.
- Administer the company’s revolving credit facility and related lender compliance reporting.
- Coordinate with counsel and take lead on capital market transactions as it relates to regulatory compliance.
- Review business management and incentive fee calculations due to external manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, minimum 3.0 GPA, and a strong record of success in academic and work environment.
• In depth experience with both management and SEC reporting matters.
• Public accounting experience and CPA (preferred).
• Demonstrated knowledge of technical U.S. GAAP accounting guidance as well as Regulation S-X rules with the ability to research and recommend appropriate treatments.
• Ability to apply new methodologies that satisfy systematic and scalable processes.
• Highly organized and able to handle multiple deliverables at one time.
• Thrives in changing/fluid environment and has the ability to be self-sufficient with the prioritization of tasks.
• Understands the “Big Picture” and has command of the details
• Strong attention to detail, and ability to effectively communicate with business partners and management regarding accounting related matters.
• Ability to remain positive under pressure and to motivate team members with a focus on continual staff development.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Yardi General Ledger (preferred). Experience with WDesk preferred.
$130,000.00 - $200,000.00 /year