Aerojet Rocketdyne is an innovative company delivering solutions that create value for its customers in the aerospace and defense markets. The company is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense and strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets. Additional information about Aerojet Rocketdyne can be obtained by visiting our websites at www.Rocket.com and www.AerojetRocketdyne.com
Aerojet Rocketdyne seeks an Accounting & Financial Support 3 - Accounts Payable Processor to work at our ARDE, Inc Carlstadt, New Jersey location.
Under general supervision, the Accounting & Financial Support - Accounts Payable Processor performs a variety of moderately complex support tasks in accordance with specific instructions and established work procedures related to the Accounts Payable functional area. Independent, self-motivated individual with strong organization skills and attention to detail. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
This position may be filled at the current level posted or one level higher.
Working under limited supervision:
80% - Processing of invoices:
- Performs financial support in the area of accounts payable by following written instructions, verbal directions, and take direction from designated AP supervisor or lead.
- Prepares Accounts Payable Invoice data for entry which includes research of PO or receiving activity, adding proper receipt documentation on or attached to invoices, and other validation steps such as reviewing data entered for accuracy in matching PO invoice quantity, amount, miscellaneous lines and coding, etc.
- Processes accounts payable invoices into the accounting system, matching to PO Line and validates accounting distributions to ensure accurate vouching was performed.
- Follow defined exception handling processes.
- Track time or turn backs as directed for metric reporting.
- Perform SOX controls with attention to detail including 3 way match of check to voucher package data to ensure payments to suppliers are accurate and have proper approvals, attachments, and are mailed per instructions as directed or needed to complete payment processing on designated days.
- Good written and verbal communication skills sufficient to describe the issue and request the action, using punctuation and standard verbiage provided by work instructions.
- Performs specialized calculations on invoices such as imputing Sales and Use Tax, 1099 fields for tax reporting.
20% - Additional Responsibilities:
- Accounts Receivable postings.
- Performs other administrative duties such as opening and distributing mail, printing, filing, pulling vendor files for audit requests as required.
- Perform Weekly Payroll Processing.
- Interface with General Accounting management, internal customers, internal and external auditors to assist with identification and location of voucher information including payment, voucher, or invoice information in AP files.
- Other special projects as required by management.
High School diploma, or equivalent, preferred, and five (5) years of directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position.
US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Additional Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in an AP department using Sage 100 a plus.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions to accomplish assignments of a routine and repetitive nature.
- Required to operate a computer and other business software and equipment.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.