VERTEX is regarded as one of the premier engineering, construction, environmental and IT companies serving many top insurance companies, real estate owners, contractors, banks, real estate investors and attorneys across the country. VERTEX has 25 offices worldwide and a dedicated staff of over 450 engineers, architects, environmental, and construction professionals. VERTEX offers comprehensive solutions for construction and environmental exposures. With 55,000 projects completed since inception, our experience speaks for itself.
In late 2013, VERTEX implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). VERTEX’s employee-owners help our clients identify and mitigate risks to a project’s physical, environmental and economic well-being; it drives every decision we make. We offer highly personalized and customized service to address highly specialized challenges. By applying technical and scientific skills to our clients’ real business challenges, VERTEX creates integrated solutions that minimize risks while achieving the required results.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
Vertex is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. The Accounting Intern will provide financial, administrative and clerical services to ensure accuracy and efficiency within the accounting department.
- Full scope of role involves analysis of accounting & financial statement data
- Prepare and update financial spreadsheets
- Review financial data to ensure completeness
- Provide support to other departmental personnel regarding accounting procedures and requirements
- Maintaining data accuracy and integrity
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Assist with special projects as needed, including possible IT related projects
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Proficient in data entry and management
- 0-2 years general accounting experience required
- Current enrollment or Completion of a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strength to respond in a high volume environment
- Well organized, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must have strong work ethic, including a willingness to work hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Capability to work independently and on a team
- Knowledge of Deltek Accounting Software is a plus
VERTEX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. 11