Lead efforts to assure timely and accurate financial reporting and record-keeping systems in compliance with generally accepted accounting principals.
- Supervise the Payroll Specialist and Purchasing/AP Specialist, including hiring, orienting, training and performance management.
- Maintain General Ledger according to generally accepted accounting principles:
- Journalize financial transactions or oversee as required:
- Cash disbursements
- Cash receipts
- Periodic adjusting journal entries
- Coordinate and execute monthly and year-end closings.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Inventory and depreciation log.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Prepare trial balances for all funds.
- Reconcile trial balances.
- Reconcile health benefits billings.
- Identify errors.
- Make corrective journal entries.
- Analyze trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Monitor for proper FDIC coverage on all accounts.
- Monitor Operating Accounts.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports for Management.
- Revenues and expenses
- Budget compared to expenditures
- Balance sheet
- Others as requested
Annual Audit and Federal Income Tax 990:
- Prepare schedules required by audit firm for audit and taxes and ensure documents are complete and accurate and adequately represent Peoples Community Clinic.
- Perform annual physical inventory of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and contraceptives and prepare general ledger adjustments.
Policies and Procedures:
- Adhere to and monitor Policies and Procedures within the organization.
- Assist Finance Director in updating and maintaining Finance and Accounting policies and procedures and audit for compliance on a semi-annual basis.
- Create with Finance Director accounting internal controls guidelines and revise as required.
Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll & Budget:
- Audit to ensure expenses and liabilities are recorded appropriately by funding source.
- Identify any areas of concerns as you review accounts payable, payroll and various accounts receivable accounts at month end.
- Audit bi-weekly payroll & approve for processing.
- Assist Finance Director with patient billing review.
- Assist Finance Director and CFO in preparing the clinic annual budget.
- Monitor and track active grants.
- Provide back-up for responsibilities as assigned.
- Other projects as defined.
- Automate and identify continuous improvement areas.
Education: BBA or BS in Accounting and equivalent job experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience, two years with autonomous responsibilities
- MIP accounting software experience preferred
- Non-profit healthcare experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Generally accepted accounting principles; computerized accounting; procedures and principles of fund accounting; grants financial administration; government funding; external and internal financial reporting; budget preparation; internal controls; payroll; accounts payable; bank reconciliations; month-end/year-end close.
- Computer; calculator; time management; computer spreadsheet skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel, strong numerical aptitude
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Initiative; flexibility; ability to effectively address multiple tasks requiring attention to detail; problem identification, analysis, and resolution.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines; ability to function with autonomy and minimal supervision.
People’s Community Clinic is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, language, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or sex stereotyping.