Sett Studio is a forward-thinking approach to functional space. By combining modern and contemporary design with the latest in energy efficient building materials, Sett Studio builds environmentally responsible, modern homes in Austin, TX.
With over two decades of sustainable design and construction experience, our team has built many different types of modern homes and studio spaces. We have now evolved to bring our forward thinking, sustainable design to the these type of structures all while keeping with our energy efficient strategies and beautiful design functionality.
*Must include salary requirements on resume to be considered.
- Establishes financial controls and disciplines by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information, and managing accounting and tax service providers.
- Accomplishes accounting and human resource objectives by interviewing, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and partnering with other Sett Studio employees; communicating task expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; and preparing special reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts and defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Assists in the mitigation of legal risks by understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing accounting regulations, and recommending new procedures.
- Protects organization’s enterprise value and brand by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Work Hours & Benefits:
Work hours can vary; typical hours are M-F; 8:30am - 4:30pm
Unlimited paid vacation upon approval
Medical / Dental insurance 100% paid plan
Gas allowance once a month
1 hour massage allowance once a month
Accounting Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Developing budgets
- Knowledge of ProCore software a PLUS
- Smartsheet experience
- AIA Construction forms a PLUS
- Legal compliance
- Tracking budget expenses
- SFAS rules
- Managing processes
- Reporting research results
- Management proficiency
- Motivating others
- Attention to detail
- Clear communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- CPA preferred
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirements