We are representing an established manufacturing company located in the North County that is actively searching for an Accounting Manager to join their team. This position reports to the Controller and will work with various departments throughout the company. Ideal candidate will have 7-10+ years of progressively responsible experience.
This position will focus on managing the accounting department, performing/overseeing the month-end close process, preparing reporting requirements, and ensuring the company’s internal controls are operating efficiently and effectively. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the monthly close process, including preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and review of variances accounts and related analysis.
- Preparation of various schedules to support the year-end financial statement audit.
- Provide support to the company’s manufacturing plants.
- Work with management to maintain and/or improve the existing internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage accounting staff of 4 and provide direction as necessary
- Perform ad hoc projects in support of the organization and business.
- 7-10+ years of experience in accounting, 3+ years of management experience
- Experience working for a manufacturing company strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and understanding of cost accouting.
- Experience with SAP and Hyperion Financial Management a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ted Elliott & Associates is a leading recruiting firm based in San Diego. Our focus is placing accounting and finance professionals on a direct hire basis. Our clients consist of technology, software, telecommunication, biotech, manufacturing, and service companies, ranging from startup to Fortune 500 companies. Ted Elliott & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact us at (858) 509-9000, or send resumes to email@example.com