accounting manager, Channel Development Accounting - Seattle, WA190005845Starbucks
accounting manager –Channel Development Accounting
Now Brewing –Accounting Manager! #tobeapartner
From thebeginning,Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One thatnot only celebrated coffee andits rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling ofconnection.Weare known for hiring talent who share this passion and are guided by theirservice to others.
“We built the Starbucks brand firstwithour people,not with consumers. Becausewe believedthebest way to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers was to hire andtrain great people,
we invested in employees.”
– Howard Schultz, CEO, Starbucks Coffee Company
As a member of the StarbucksChannel DevelopmentAccounting team, you will play an integral role byleading the team to develop, evolve and execute business processes to supportthe company’s global growth of our Channel Development business through oursupply, distribution and licensing agreements with our strategic businesspartners.
TheChannelDevelopmentaccounting team supports sales of packaged coffee, tea andready-to-drink beverages to customers outside of our company-operated andlicensed stores. The team partners closely with domestic and internationallicense partners, as well as business unit finance and accounting teams.
As a member of thisteam, you will have the opportunity to lead and build a world-classorganization to support our growing and complex global business. This role requiresa highly skilled and ambitious professional who lends thought leadership thatis based on strong business acumen as well as sound application of accountingand internal controls. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guidingprinciples and values.
As an accountingmanager, youwill provide expertise and lead in the following areas:
- Provides inspirational leadership to communicate vision and strategy for the accounting team; creates a positive team environment including confidence in leadership and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Deals successfully with ambiguity, managing multiple priorities and able to lead team through complex changes.
- Effectively influences to help support and implement organizational priorities and initiatives.
- Provides thought leadership to determine resources needed to ensure business needs are met including people and systems. Effectively communicates and quantify the needs, risks and opportunities to influence scope and timing of initiatives, ensuring success for the team and the Company
- Demonstrates a clear commitment to the highest standards of professional and personal conduct and holds team to the same standard.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in compensation accounting practices and processes, provides customers with clear and consistent guidance and education.
- Leads and motivates the team to improve or simplify current process.
- Manage and execute month-end close process to ensure timely and accurate financial data in compliance with GAAP and Company policies. Recommends solutions, maintains consistency and leadership when issues arise during close.
- Identifies key risks and opportunities and works cross functionally to provide solutions that drive process improvements and strengthen the control environment.
- Advises on accounting and financial impacts of new or proposed transactions, quantifies opportunities and risks, and recommends solutions.
- Provides oversight to ensure systems, processes and internal controls are consistently applied.
Partner Development& Team Building
- Coaches and inspires partners to meet business objectives, challenge status quo and seek continuous improvement.
- Attracts, retains and develops high performing partners.
- Designs an effective team structure to meet the needs of a growing business.
We’dlovetohear from people with:
- Five or more yearsaccounting experience in a high growth,fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Public Accounting and/or CPA certification
- Aptitude or experience in leading teams in a fast paced and complex environment
- Ability to assess business processes and implement improvements and controls
- Understanding of US GAAP and internal controls
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, or another ERP) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate accounting results to both accounting and non accounting customers at various levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to build relationships and influence others in order to achieve successful outcome in cross-functional projects and activities
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment, while exhibiting exceptional attention to detail and continuously driving process improvements
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools
- Ability to work independently
- Displays initiative and has the ability to improve processes and document work performed
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com