Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenshipand we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
This position is responsible for: managing the timely and accurate consolidation of affiliated companies as part of corporate monthly close process; providing technical accounting support to the Controller’s group; managing audits of subsidiaries and affiliates; coaching, guiding, mentoring, and training the consolidations staff.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Manage the monthly close process, for the company’s sponsored and non-sponsored joint ventures, including consolidating and eliminating entries to provide timely and accurate reporting of the company’s financial performance
2. Provide research, analysis and technical support to the Controller’s group and provide technical support for acquisitions, change in business processes, joint ventures, and other unique business opportunities, to ensure transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner
3. Develop and implement company-wide accounting policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy of financial information and adherence to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
4. Review and approve financial package reports, 10Q/K reports and account reconciliations, generated by the consolidations staff, to ensure accuracy and completeness
5. Oversee the preparation and distribution of the monthly financial statements, of the company’s sponsored joint ventures, in accordance with joint venture agreements to ensure compliance and accuracy
6. Support the company’s external auditors with their quarterly reviews and annual audits to ensure the 10Q/K is filed timely
7. Manage all post-closing “score sheet” entries, track their materiality to the company’s published financial statements and prepare subsequent SAB 99 analysis for audit review to ensure accuracy and compliance
8. Manage the consolidations team, including but not limited to; staffing, work assignments, compensation and performance management to ensure company initiatives are met
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
• CPA required
• 6+ years’ progressive experience in a combination of public and corporate accounting
• 3+ years’ experience in a managerial capacity.
• Experience with consolidation/JV accounting for construction or real estate industries
• Large enterprise system experience (JD Edwards experience a plus).
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Excellent understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), consolidations, and JV accounting
• Ability to research and analyze new accounting standards/pronouncements issued by the SEC and FASB to determine the impact on the company
• Advanced computer skills required (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Professional, JD Edwards).
• Ability to research, retrieve and organize data to prepare reports and financial documentation.
• Excellent consultative and communication skills (written amp; oral) and ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees/management and effectively disseminate information
• Ability to properly manage and prioritize resources, people and projects
• Sound decision making ability with the experience to balance consensus against authority as appropriate
• Team player, with strong leadership skills, who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges
• Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
• Ability and willingness to abide by the company’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the Samp;P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.FinanceFinanceFull-time