We are seeking an experienced Construction Accounting Manager for a large, privately held General Contractor in San Mateo, CA.
- Manage GL accounting functions and processes
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are followed as per US GAAP
- Hire, manage and train accounting staff
- Provides ongoing training and review of processes and procedures
- Hold responsibility for AP, AR, cash disbursements, credits and collections, billing, perpetual inventory integrity, and fixed asset records
- Manage the monthly financial reporting including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Budget Vs. Actual, and variance analysis
- Review cost accounts for accurate coding and confirm costs billed in same month
- Fixed Asset Management and monthly reconciliation of intercompany transactions.
- Compile monthly sales tax report and payment to FTB.
- Work with the Controller and auditors to ensure a timely year-end audit
- Maintain internal controls and processes
- Maintain accounting filing in the SAGE 300 system
Management and Supervision
- Collaborate with CFO, Controller, and Operations teams on the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department while maintaining accuracy and supporting overall company goals and objectives through accounting functions and processes.
- Support CFO and Controller with overall company goals and objectives through accounting functions and processes.
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Develop job descriptions and approve job postings for selection of accounting staff.
- Establish goals and objectives for direct reports each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Provides ongoing training and review of processes and procedures to new and existing staff to maximize team effectiveness.
- Conduct effective one on one’s (O3s) with each team member.
- Monitor and proactively address employee relations issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of accounting experience within the construction industry
- Excellent understanding of the US GAAP required
- Advanced computer literacy with MS Excel and project accounting software such as Sage 300, or Timberline
- Experience with Viewpoint is preferred
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and set priorities
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain positive attitude and high energy
- Strong leadership, and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- CPA certification required
112,794.00 - 134,846.00 /yearWhat is this?