Play an active role in the process of monthly and annual financial close. Responsible for account reconciliations, accumulation of information for various tax filings and responding to various special requests as they arise.
- Review monthly account reconciliations
- Accumulate and analyze information for various tax filings
- Review and post monthly journal entries
- Assist with monthly/annual financial close
- Coordinate the monthly financials
- Participate in the annual financial statement audit
- Assist in the compilation of information for both the partnership and parent periodic tax returns
- Develop and implement policies and procedures with emphasis on internal control and efficiencies
- Maintain the PeopleSoft General Ledger, Asset Management and Reporting systems from an end user perspective
- Special projects as required
- Maintain concentration and focus in order to meet performance goals
- Maintain good working relationship with assigned supervisors and coworkers
- Work safely without presenting a threat to self or others
- Perform additional duties as required by management
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Accounting; CPA is preferred.
Minimum of 3 -5 years in Accounting
Employees must be able to type quickly and accurately, use a mouse effectively, and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. PeopleSoft knowledge preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Organized and self-directed.
- Demonstrated management skills coupled with a “hands on” approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a changing work environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures
- Ability to manage team to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills and work efficiently in a team environment.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Maintain organizational confidentiality
- Solve problems or issues that may come up
- Concentrate and focus for extended periods of time
- Remain alert at all times
- Adhere to dependability requirements to accomplish responsibilities
All job offers are contingent upon completion of drug and background checks.
GC Services is an equal opportunity employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet