We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive employee benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) savings plan, life insurance, long-term disability, education assistance, and paid time off.
Responsible for managing the general accounting function. Oversees the completion of ledger accounts and financial statements. Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area and at least 3 years of experience in the field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Manages the general accounting staff and reports to an assistant controller or controller. This position works closely with Assistant Controllers, Controllers, and Upper-Level Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
Uses knowledge of double entry bookkeeping in performing one of the following:
- Compile and analyze financial information.
- Identify trends and developments.
- Review and approve transactions.
- Manage accounting staff.
- Work with Controllers and other senior managers.
- Problem Solving.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Supervise department and have authority over hiring, firing, and performance decisions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 3 years of related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have a sufficient knowledge of Peoplesoft.
- Must have a good knowledge of all areas of accounting.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures in Finance/Accounting.
- Ability to supervise and set direction for Accounting department.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft applications.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a CNGC gaming license.