Penske is seeking an ambitious Accounting Manager to join
our Controllership team. We are looking for a leader that will bring
fresh thinking and has the desire to be “best in class”. This position
will drive controllership across the business, lead a Global team to manage
Penske's fixed asset and lease accounting in accordance with GAAP and internal
accounting policy, and manage the accounting for fleet services and operating
tax. This person will directly supervise staff and work closely with
2675 Morgantown Road Reading PA, 19607
- Manage and develop high performing accounting processes in the areas of fixed assets, lease accounting, fleet services, and operating tax.
- Act as a liaison with the business to evaluate, administer, account and report on fixed assets and leases by applying Penske's fixed asset and lease accounting policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Provide expertise and guidance to general inquiries regarding Penske's fixed asset and lease accounting policies as well as related GAAP.
- Support the maintenance of the lease accounting system.
- Provide support to operations to evaluate lease / buy decisions.
- Support the performance of lease classification tests.
- Develop and drive process improvements that add value to the company's performance.
- Perform and review monthly close responsibilities, including internal reporting package to management.
- Institute effective measures and controls throughout business processes.
- Make sound financial decisions independently.
- Facilitate effective communication and relationship management with relevant internal parties.
- Mentor associates in meeting business, departmental, and personal objectives.
- Develop future leaders by providing feedback, coaching, and career development to maximize their probability for success.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by manager.
- 7 plus years of accounting experience required
- Supervisory experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- MBA preferred
-Proficient in multi-tasking required
-Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and ability to troubleshoot required
-Experienced in project management and presentation skills required
-Advanced use of Microsoft Excel and Access preferred
-Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Powerpoint required
-Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com
to learn more.