Job Title: Accounting Manager
Supervision Exercised: Accounting Department
Supervision Received: General Manager and Controller
The purpose of this position is to oversee the smooth and efficient processing of accounting related information and systems at the property level according to HRI Lodging standards. Provide a leadership role in all accounting related issues at the property.
Hotel General Cashier
· Verify deposits of each cashier and document variances daily
· Document due back and issue in a timely manner
· Provide change to all cashiers during specified times
· Make deposits to bank with security escort
· Maintain adequate inventory of cashier supplies including drop envelops
· Maintain MOD bank and replenish as necessary
· House bank issuance and monthly audit
· Communicate deposit information to corporate office(s) daily
· Set up House Accounts and A/R Accounts as needed or directed by management
· Ensure all Group and Direct Bill accounts are accurate and mailed within three business days
· Bill Hilton for Honors certificate redemptions
· Bill Third Party (.com) appropriately and timely
· Make collection calls on outstanding accounts to ensure all amounts are collected within 60 days
· Process Net Direct (Hilton Advance Purchase) weekly and accurately in hotel PMS system
· Complete credit references for Direct Bill accounts requesting credit
· Coordinate with Sales & Marketing/F&B/Banquets to ensure accuracy of accounts
· Maintain high level of organization of filing
· Ensure each invoice received has been properly routed to approving manager
· Make copies of each invoice for on property retention
· Log then mail/Fed Ex original, signed/approved invoices to central property for processing
· Attach copies of checks to invoices that have been paid
· Maintain organized retention of check registers
· Research vendor disputes/questions and statements regarding unpaid invoices
· Ensure proper control measures are adhered in compliance with HRIL standards
Other General Responsibilities
· Maintain compliance with HRIL standards and regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of the hotel
· Maintain confidentiality of all information in accordance with HRIL standards
· Embrace and utilize philosophies to include a friendly, service oriented outlook and maintaining high standards of personal appearance and grooming
· Oversee night audit functions are complete and accurate on a daily basis
· Verify credit card transmission from prior day is balanced and submitted accurately
· Respond to guest telephone, credit card inquiries and chargebacks in an effective and timely manner
· Maintain organized storeroom(s) for long-term record retention of all accounting records
· Maintain adequate record of sales tax exemption
· Maintain on-site copy of all contracts, legal agreements, licenses, permits, insurance and other regulatory contract
· Maintain critical date list with associated documents
· Attends and contributes to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships between departments
· Communicate necessary reports and information to corporate office(s)
· Month end journal posting to assist with closing
· Reconcile balance sheet accounts and post reconciling items to correct prior to next accounting period
· P&L review with GM and/or department heads
· Other duties as required
· Daily operations of the hotel accounting responsibilities to include General Cashier, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Communication with Corporate Office, and other general duties.
· Two years front desk/night audit and one year hotel accounting experience (On Q PMS and Micros POS preferred).
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Possess a working knowledge of basic office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, scanners and printers and automated property management systems.
· Ability to communicate in English with guests, visitors, vendors, and hotel staff.
· Ability to provide legible communication.
· Ability to compute mathematical calculations.
· Ability to 10-key by touch.
· Ability to enforce hotel's standards, policies and procedures with hotel staff.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent hotel data.
· Possess an independent work ethic to perform job functions without supervision.
· Ability to work cohesively with other departments and coworkers as part of a team.
· Maintain high level of office organization by daily filing routine of all job related files.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
Employees must fulfill their performance standards for this position and comply with company policies, rules and procedures of the hotel, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees. The job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the hotel. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by supervisors, managers or other hotel/company officials.