A Strategic Communications and Environmental firm that works with clients to strengthen communities, address complex issues and improve our world for over 30 years, is looking for an Accounting Manager. The firm is dynamic, driven by purpose and values inspiration, collaboration and adaptation.
The Accounting Manager will report to the Controller and will have the opportunity to help the firm scale its accounting infrastructure, supervise all accounting operations, and lead and develop the Accounting staff.
Timesheet follow up / posting
Project Accounting - Information Management
Employee - Information Management
Vendor - Information Management
Credit Card Management
Employee Expense Reports
Maintain PTO Accruals
Maintain Employee Accrual Schedules
Process PTO Accruals bi-weekly (along with payroll)
Maintain OH and Job Costing Processes
Process New Hire Info / Changes
Process Bonus and Raise Information - Year End
Accounting Staff Development
Properly Code Balance Sheet Items
Bank Reconciliation Support
Account Reconciliation Support
Business Tax Support
CPA Audits/Review Support
Education, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory or management position. Past employment in a similar role in an architectural, engineering or planning firm preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business with an emphasis in finance/accounting or extensive additional related industry experience.
- Must possess and demonstrate technical understanding in interpreting financial data and reports (budgets, financial statements, etc.)
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Ability to coordinate and direct activities in a corporate services function as they relate to leaders and managers.
- Experience working with federal, state and local government agencies preferred.
- Strong computer skills and experience with a proficiency in accounting software, preferably Deltek Vision, and MS Office suite.