Accounting Manager – Plano, TX
Founded in 1988, the Beal Bank family of companies is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and comprises one of the largest private financial institutions in the United States. Our two partner banks, Beal Bank and Beal Bank USA, are guided by the same principles of reliability and excellent customer service. Whether you are a customer of Beal Bank or Beal Bank USA – or have accounts with both banks – we are dedicated to providing financial strength and stability, competitive rates and outstanding service to every customer.
This is a newly created role due to growth in the department and organization. This role will evolve over time, and the successful candidate will be prepared to grow and learn while taking on new challenges. This position will assist with oversight of various accounting areas, including technical accounting and regulatory research, internal and external audit management, and various accounting projects. In addition, this position will serve as a reviewer of various monthly and quarterly reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research technical accounting and regulatory reporting requirements as needed
- Assist with the development and management of implementation project plans for new accounting pronouncements, including but not limited to CECL and Leases
- Identify financial accounting and reporting risk exposure implications that might result from proposed standards. Interpret and propose solutions, including process changes where needed
- Analyze the impact of alternative accounting treatments for new transactions and perform other accounting impact studies as needed
- Assist with various securities projects and process improvements.
- Assist with the management of internal and external audits, including preparing various deliverables
- Review annual reports, and ensure disclosure requirements are met
- Serve as reviewer for various monthly and quarterly reports
- Assist with various accounting projects
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Computer Skills, Certifications, Etc.):
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required, Master's preferred
- CPA a plus, but not required
- 5+ years’ experience in public accounting or banking industry
- Experience with technical accounting research, and developing and supporting appropriate conclusions Experience reviewing financial statements and disclosure requirements
- Experience with accounting for investment securities and derivatives a plus
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Solid communication and collaboration skills
- Proficient in Excel, including creating pivot tables, v-lookups, formulas, and manipulating data
*No Relocation Assistance Offered
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Beal is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
Notice to California Residents: Beal Bank, Beal Bank USA, Beal Service Corporation, or Beal Nevada Service Corporation (also d/b/a CSG Investments, Inc.) may collect personal information about you as part of the job application or employment process. Please see our California Consumer Privacy Act Policy at www.bealbank.com/CCPA-Policy for details.