The Accounting Manager works closely with Partners, Supervisors, Seniors, Staff, and Clients to facilitate completion of all components of accounting engagements. Including oversight of the accounting department and team members, the Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing all accounting work, reviewing workpapers, completing compilations, interfacing with client executives, participating in accounting financial statement presentations to client, and providing the final accounting documents to clients for distribution. This position will report to one of the firm’s Partners.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Review all monthly compilations
- Review monthly payroll and sales tax calculations
- Review cash flow forecasts
- Review fixed asset and depreciation calculations
- Provides Price Engagement Letter and Proposals
- Review and oversee Engagement CS accounting work ensure timely run around all accounting department engagements.
- Manages Accounting Client Billing
- Enforcement of Billing Policy
- Manages Accounting Department Budgets/Realization/Deadlines
- Utilize Practice CS daily to monitor project status is current
- Conduct weekly accounting meetings
- Attend weekly management meetings
- Work with Dept. Heads to ensure deadlines are met
- Schedule client meetings, agenda and manage report due dates.
- Assist with other client services as outlined in the firm’s engagement letter and proposal submitted to the client.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Mentor, supervise, and train accounting staff
- Address client and staff questions and concerns in a timely matter
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Leverage technology to create more efficient processes and enhance staff productivity
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience:
- Must have 5 years relevant work experience in public accounting firms
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Management
- CPA desirable, but not required
- Computer Skills required: Expert Level experience in Accounting Software (QuickBooks or similar) and Excel is a must
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have extensive experience in multi-state Sales tax, BPOL and Personal Property Tax Returns
- Should have extensive knowledge in payroll and payroll reporting - Dealings with multi-state payroll are desirable
- Should be familiar with industries such as Government Contracting, Not-for-Profits, and General Business
- Experience with ProSystem Engagement, Practice CS, Bill.com, Deltek, Procas and/or other accounting systems, is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong organizational and detailed skills
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market-based salary, commensurate with experience and education
- Continuing education assistance
- Comprehensive benefits package available
The work environment is based on deadlines and ability to meet the filing deadlines and work with subordinate staff and multiple internal firm departments. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities and duties of the position. It is not all-inclusive. The incumbent in this position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract. MillerMusmar CPAs is an at-will employer.
MillerMusmar CPAs has been providing quality client services for over 25 years. We are a trusted advisor to clients working in a variety of industries and our average client relationship lasts more than 10 years, a testament to our longstanding tradition of providing financial solutions that work alongside excellent customer service. Our clients include:
- Government Contractors
- Businesses (Domestic and International)
- Nonprofits and Associations
- Individuals (Residents, Foreign Nationals, and Expatriates)
We were awarded one of the Top Accounting Firms to work for by the Washington Business Journal as well as a Great Place to Work in 2018. Apply today to join an amazing firm with a great team!