Xceed Group LLC is helping a software company HQ in San Francisco in locating a strong Accounting Manager candidate. The Accounting Manager will lead a team of accounting professionals and drive the Company's general ledger and overall accounting operations and be the point-person for the Company's day-to-day accounting processes and monthly financial close.
This position will be hands on, interact and coordinate with colleagues in Finance and Accounting Operations, and the various functions around the Company to ensure proper accounting treatment, execution of accounting functions and reporting of results. Most important, the Accounting Manager will play a key leadership role in the monthly GL close, process and controls improvement, scaling accounting and Company infrastructure and operations, and developing a team of accounting professionals. As the company experiences strong continued growth, the Accounting Manager will play a key role in scaling the business. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining corporate accounting policies, driving an internal customer service approach in working with other functional areas, and building and maintaining an effective internal control environment.
- Manage the Company's day-to-day accounting operations, including execution of operational accounting policy, all general ledger responsibilities, A/P, payroll, fixed assets, T&E and international accounting operations, AR & collections and other accounting activities.
- Runs the monthly/quarterly close process, ensuring all results are posted and fully analyzed in a timely manner and reported to executive management per defined timelines. Drive the close timeline down to meet industry standards.
- Ensures that consolidated financial results are complete, consistently prepared and materially correct and directs the preparation of SEC-compliant monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Designs and documents the methods for preparing internal financial reports for management, detailing the results of the accounting period; including balance sheets, income statements, statements of cash flow and custom reports.
- Drive process improvements and automations to help the Company scale.
- Manage audit PBC’s and deadlines.
- Manage cash flow and period end cash balances with the FP&A team to assure the company meets all cash expectations. Help with routine treasury matters.
- Develops, documents and maintains internal control process and their effectiveness.
- Perform authoritative guidance research and document finding.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent major is required.
- CPA with Big-4 or large national CPA firms experience is strongly preferred.
- Over 2 years of progressive accounting management roles in high-growth, multi-national companies that have reached at least $100m in annual revenues.
- Hands-on experience in managing accounting operations, the monthly/quarterly accounting close and preparation of financial statements.
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, with experience in a public-company environment.
- Solid experience with one or more financial ERP/general ledger systems, strong NetSuite experience preferred
- Track record of driving organizational change and improving a function.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence management and contributors at all levels of the organization.
- A proven leader in training and developing high-performing teams; a proactive leader and effective coach committed to the development and engagement of their team.
- Ability to respond to, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest of standards of completeness and accuracy.
- Effective and decisive under pressure.
- Independent/flexible problem-solver with ability to positively cope with change.