Global Upside solves business complexity with world-class HR, Payroll, Accounting, Tax, Compliance, PEO, and Talent Acquisition services. Mihi – our HR technology – is the only cloud-based time and benefits management software that is compliance ready for more than 40 countries out of the box. With our integrated, end-to-end support, companies can focus on innovation, growth, and excel in their fields. Founded in 1999 in Silicon Valley, Global Upside today empowers companies in 150+ countries and is dedicated to solving complexity for companies everywhere they do business.
Accounting Manager will work under the direction of the VP of Finance and will manage the accounting function end to end in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with multiple line of business consolidations and assist with the implementation of SAP.
- Should be able to influence large indirect reporting teams
- Maintain high level of focus on accuracy and reliability of financial results & reporting
- Help scale accounting processes to support business growth
- Work closely with the offshore accounting team to ensure timely monthly and year end close
- Review monthly financial reporting package including variance analysis of Profit and loss account and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Review and approve reconciliations
- Setup up accounting processes for OTC, P2P & RTR cycles with focus on internal controls, coach offshore accounting team on process requirements & compliance. Review deliverables of India accounting team.
- Responsible for intercompany accounting, consolidations and forex accounting
- Support implementation of SAP / other ERP such as Netsuite
- Act as a business partner liaising between US teams such as Sales, Gava Talent team & US operations and the India accounting team. Be the point of contact for all operational / transactional queries in relation to India accounting team’s work
- Work on special projects as needed and support audit
- May be required to travel to India office once in 3 months
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Public accounting experience preferred or 5 years’ experience in an Accounting role
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a direct report supervisory role