Today, there’s more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Seattle, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers and follow us on Twitter @Netskope and Facebook. .
As Accounting Manager, you will be involved in the daily accounting operations, collaborating with other Accounting Team members. The ideal candidate will be a systems-savvy Accountant with experience at a high tech startup with rapid growth. You will be expected to be autonomous in setting tasks and prioritizing and enforcing accounting policies and processes. This role will report to the Controller.
- Assist in managing the full cycle general ledger financial close process and related activities to ensure complete and accurate financials in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Prepare monthly accounting entries for various business transactions, including cash, investments, PP&E, equity, allocations, and more.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and reporting schedules, providing commentary and variance analysis.
- Manage inter-company revenue and expense transactions.
- Review and manage day-to-day international accounting providers and monthly reporting packages.
- Assist with annual, quarterly, and monthly income and sales/use tax filings.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of the chart of accounts.
- Lead/participate in process improvements to streamline the monthly financial close process.
- Proactively identify issues and assist in optimizing systems, upgrades, and automation of accounting processes.
- Assist in development and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Assist with annual financial audits and quarterly reviews.
- Document and monitor internal controls as part of operational accounting work.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects.
- 8+ years corporate accounting experience.
- CPA and experience in public accounting a plus.
- Strong experience and knowledge in U.S. GAAP and internal controls.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment with diverse personalities and with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Exhibit an enthusiastic, can-do spirit and approach your work with curiosity, resilience, and a growth mindset in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ever-changing work environment
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment, and responsibility to day to day work.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Quick learner, ability to identify issues and resolve problems.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to complex accounting issues.
- Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field.