Weitzman is one of the largest retail-focused commercial real estate owners and third-party service providers in Texas. Weitzman offers a full range of services including general brokerage, property management, asset management and development services. We operate exclusively in Texas’ major markets: Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin, Houston and San Antonio. Visit our website at www.weitzmangroup.com.
Weitzman is recruiting for an experienced Property Accounting Manager for our Dallas office located in the Uptown area.
- Responsible for accurate and timely financial review and reporting
- Supervise daily activity of multiple (2-4) property accountants with individual portfolios of up to 18 properties
- Perform financial analysis as required
- Knowledge of partnership accounting and ownership entities
- Ability to work with both cash tax and accrual (GAAP) basis reports
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures to ensure high quality and efficient accounting and reporting
- Assist the Controller with special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Real estate accounting experience required
- BA/BS in accounting
- CPA certification or candidate preferred
- 5-7 years relevant experience with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role
- Experienced reading and abstracting legal agreements and tracking accounting compliance with requirements
- GAAP audit experience a plus
- Customer service oriented while excelling in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong supervisory skills: ability to train and mentor staff with consistency, ability to delegate work, and give appropriate feedback
- Ability to effectively communicate and build positive rapport with individuals at all levels of the organization, as well as outside the company
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- MRI experience preferred
Weitzman offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes, Paid Time Off, health insurance, disability, life, 401(k), free on-site parking, onsite gym membership, and more.
Follow us on Twitter @WeitzmanTexas, Facebook and LinkedIn for other employment opportunities.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.