It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
- Manage activities related to the CGHB North America month-end, quarterly and annual US GAAP close processes, including review and approval of journal entries, account reconciliations, financial reporting, and various analysis.
- Manage and develop 4 direct staff dedicated to accounting and internal control activities.
- Execute the monthly accounting, reporting, and settlement process for the revolving CGHB Middle East reinsurance arrangements.
- Support GHB North America Accounting strategies in growth initiatives, new partner relationships, as well as domestic and international compliance requirements.
- Research complex accounting issues and new accounting guidelines, and establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Ensure proper process documentation is maintained for all key business processes
- Responsible for leadership and coordination of internal accounting controls, as well as oversight of the SSAE 16 and Sarbanes-Oxley processes for CGHB North America. Accountable for remediation of audit issues identified.
- Continuously evaluate processes and ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis to support other functional areas such as management reporting, actuary and underwriting.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- 7+ years of professional accounting experience required, experience in Healthcare Insurance preferred
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance required; CPA strongly preferred
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, or Finance Manager
- Strong technical skills with knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations for both US GAAP and US Statutory reporting
- Strong sense of control to maintain an appropriate internal control environment
- Strong analytical skills to interpret, evaluate and communicate financial results
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite experience in accounting software (Oracle general ledger, Account Reconciliation Manager (ARM) as well as Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)) strongly preferred
- Capable of initiating, facilitating and working with others in change efforts
- Ability to influence and collaborate with business partners that have various levels of experience and responsibility
- Ability to balance multiple projects and adapt to new issues/assignments.
- High attention to details and accuracy
- 10% international travel possible in this role
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.