The main function of this Accounting Specialist position is accounts payable. In addition, we are seeking a diverse individual who is experienced in accounts receivable, billing and purchasing in order to support various functions as needed.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Main focus of this position are the accounts payable duties
- Reviews and processes incoming invoices for appropriate documentation, approval and data entry
- Sorts and distributes AP mail by team responsibility, maintain files, maintains up-to-date vendor master files
- Prepares check runs, wire transfers and ACH transactions
- Works cross-departmentally daily to investigate and resolve issues preventing timely payment of invoices
- Participate in month-end close by completing posting of invoices and updating the outstanding invoices for accrual purpose, maintain AP aging
- Responsible for share of internal department functions to include accounts payable, collections, accounts receivable, billing, and purchasing duties
- Review and process employee expense reimbursements including expense reports, petty cash, corporate credit cards and relocation reimbursement
- Heavy internal and external interface.
- Assists customers with research issues concerning the customer’s statements, invoices and accounts related to collections/AP/AR/Billing/Purchasing.
- Other duties as needed including but not limited to assisting in the purchasing department (i.e. PRs and GRs) as needed
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- 3+ years Accounts Payable experience required
- BS Accounting or related degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills – must be comfortable managing multiple priorities, keeping detailed notes, and following through on all action items
- Intermediate Excel Skills required – should be comfortable with data sorting, vlookup formulas, data filtering and pivot tables
- Strong communication skills required – must be comfortable collaborating with remote personnel, customers and co-workers at all levels