Accentuate Staffing is assisting a manufacturing company in Mebane, NC who is searching for an Accounting Specialist to join their enthusiastic and growing team
- Manage Accounts Payable Process
- Responsible for up to date records of vendors and payment of invoices. Code, verify and input all invoices. Prepare electronic and check payments using our ERP system and online banking tools and make sure remittance advices are sent. Ensure payments are withdrawn from the correct accounts. Keep vendor master records and banking information up to date. Process employee credit card expense reports. Make proposals for improvement of procedures.
- Asset accounting
- Responsible for maintaining the asset master records for Plant Mebane and ensures all the applicable data is complete and accurate. Supervises the asset accounting module in SAP. Provides monthly overviews for all costs and supports all matters relating to this. Assists in the budgeting and LE process for these investments as well as prepares a monthly cash flow forecast
- Bank Accounting
- The accountant is responsible for overlooking the bank accounting process in its entirety. Responsible for up to date records of customer/vendor sub ledgers, and bank reconciliations in our ERP system, SAP.
- Month End Procedures
- Responsible for the execution of the month end closing process and proposing changes to speed up this process. Responsible for processing all general month end journal entries ensuring accuracy, completeness and timeliness in accordance with corporate guidelines. Maintain Balance Sheet specs for all Balance Sheet accounts. Collect, capture and process information to improve this process. Maintain balance sheet specifications. Maintain asset accounting / depreciation schedules. Reconcile intercompany payables and receivables and balance sheet accounts with other Lotus entities.
- Assist in preparing annual and/or quarterly tax forms such as 1099/1096, sales tax filing, business tax renewals, environmental fee returns, property tax returns. Maintain W-9 files for all vendors. Execute on daily MRP signals to create POs and manage existing POs for raw ingredients and packaging vendors
- Reporting / Controlling
- Prepare various reports and serve as a back-up for the regular reporting tasks of the plant controller. The accountant should devote any free time to learning the specific tasks of the controller in order to become a back-up for him/her.
- Associate degree in business or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/General Accounting experience.
- Experience with ERP packages and SAP desired
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office products
- Good communication skills, both written and oral; ability to read and write effectively
- Ability to multi-task and approach tasks with detail-oriented manner
$20.00 - $25.00 /hour