HomeRiver Group is looking for an Accounting Specialist. The Accounting Specialist is accountable is assisting the Chief Financial Officer in the sound fiscal control and management of the Company's financial operations. She/he provides guidance and advice to the Chief Financial Officer by recommending actions and alternatives when financial risks, hazards, or unfavorable circumstances occur.
Key Performance Indicator(s) Position Supports
Organizational Structure (Business Effectiveness): Evaluate and implement the systems and processes needed to ensure data drives all key decisions.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- 1099 maintenance
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Contributes to overall development of Company financial policies.
- Adheres to Company policies, standards, procedures and Core Values.
General Accounting Responsibilities
- Executing the expenditure cycle
- Books of original entry and general ledger
- Assist property accountants in the execution of their duties
It is expected that while meeting the above expectations, the following behaviors will be practiced:
- All interactions with co-workers will be positive and respectful.
- Actions and behaviors will support the decisions and direction of management.
- Feedback and constructive criticism will be given in a positive manner with possible solutions to the problem provided.
- Help to create a positive and productive work environment in all interactions.
- Interpersonal Relations
- Personal Integrity and Professional Conduct
- Self Management
- Judgment and Decision-Making
- Conflict Management
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Information Management Systems
- Industry Knowledge
- Proficient in 10-key by touch and data entry
HomeRiver Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About HomeRiver Group
HomeRiver Group is an integrated national platform offering world-class property management services to owners and tenants in the single family and small multifamily rental (SFR) markets. HomeRiver's mission is to be the premier national residential property management company in the United States, offering acquisition, renovation, leasing, management, maintenance and brokerage services.
Already one of the largest SFR property management platforms in the United States, HomeRiver continues to grow through acquisitions (of regional operators in new markets and customer contract portfolios in existing markets) as well as organically. By consolidating local operators in the fragmented property management sector and investing in best-in-class capabilities, HomeRiver seeks to deliver a new standard of service to both customers and tenants, while creating significant value for its investors.