We provide advanced photonics solutions and other specialty technology for US and international Special Operations Forces and Combat Arms elements that are forward in the fight.
B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. is an ISO 9001:2008-certified developer, manufacturer, and systems integrator of optoelectronic and related products used in defense and law enforcement applications. The company's core competencies include turnkey laser targeting and illumination systems, night-vision devices, long range surveillance, and other integrated laser systems. We are proud of our reputation as a technology leader in delivering solutions that are proven to meet the demanding performance requirements of extreme environments and combat conditions. Since our origin in 1974, we have been dedicated to providing the highest quality of products, services and support to our customers. B.E. Meyers is a privately-owned and operated small business located in Redmond, WA.
SUMMARY: The Accounting Specialist is responsible for managing Accounts Receivables, employee expense reporting, B&O Taxes, Assets, credit card accounts, and additional duties. Responsible for supporting the accounting/finance departments including cross training in Accounts Payable, and administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Process daily Invoices after shipments and insure proper revenue accounts are hit during transactions.
- Process daily deposits in ERP/Accounting System
- Process check deposits to the bank
- Maintain, reconcile and submit monthly B&O taxes
- Maintain weekly Cash Summary report for CFO.
- Maintain weekly AR Trial Balance and report for CFO.
- Maintain monthly AP Report for CFO.
- Maintain Assets and perform monthly depreciation and close of Asset module.
- Review various GL accounts at month-end and create JE's for reallocation of Revenue and COGS as necessary.
- Assist Sales Admin and Shipping when needed.
- Review new or revised customer Purchase Orders and government RFQ's. Note any potential billing or shipping issues to Sales/Contracts team.
- Process all travel and expense reports.
- Maintain and reconcile AMEX credit card accounts monthly.
- Maintain and reconcile VISA credit card accounts monthly.
- Maintain and reconcile Travel and Tradeshow cost spreadsheet monthly. Address any variances or issues in the GL
- Maintain and reconcile Misc. GL accounts and trial balance spreadsheets
- Maintain and reconcile Marketing Giveaways spreadsheet monthly. Address any variances or issues in the GL. Ensure products 'purchased' are taxed properly and entered on B&O worksheet.
- Maintain and reconcile Demo/Loaner spreadsheet monthly. Address any variances or issues in the GL. Ensure products 'Purchased' are taxed properly and entered on B&O worksheet.
- Fill in with AP and Front desk duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attention to detail and the ability to multi task.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and knowledge of government per diems based reimbursement.
- Knowledge of what is allowable and not allowable as per the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as financial statements and related records and documents, procedure manuals and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to managers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Microsoft Office applications including excellent Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- Familiarity with accounting software and payroll systems.
- Knowledge of Syspro ERP or equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the incumbent to climb or balance occasionally and frequently requires standing, walking, sitting and reaching with hands and arms. Using hands to finger, handle or feel and talking and hearing are required regularly. This position requires the utilization of a PC; the employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job are close and distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Specific vision abilities required by this job are close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office environment. (Examples: business office with computers and/or computer printers, light traffic).
This position may require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer