Primary LocationUS-CA-DPAM Long Beach|
Provides guidance to the department and supports associates with the goal of providing superior customer service to the organization, creating accurate financial products, and ensuring payments to vendors are made timely and accurately. Responsible for coordinating all audit activity, and creating and maintaining financial reports to present to management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for general ledger maintenance, monthly financial closing, payroll, accounts analysis and reconciliation.
2. Preparation of tax schedules including filing of sales tax returns and property tax returns.
3. Timely and accurate financial reporting within CBM, D-café and Tax.
4. Creates and maintains financial reports and analysis for management to review before and after close.
5. Provides training, direction and mentoring to team members including their development of G&O’s.
6. Coordinates audit activities on a quarterly and yearly basis.
7. Reviews staff’s work papers and account reconciliation for accuracy and timeliness.
8. Leads and participates in projects in order to improve efficiencies and establish best practices.
9. Works with other departments to ensure new business properly flows to the financial statements.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Level of Education and Training Required
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 8 or more years of relevant experience.
Knowledge of GAAP/IFRS is required, along with an understanding of current accounting operational structure (financial close, gross profit, J-SOX, etc.).
Minimum Level of Knowledge and Skills Required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to discuss or transmit primarily factual information to internal and external customers
• Strong analytical skills to investigate, interpret and reconcile information from several distinct sources in situations where conclusions or resolutions are discernible
• Customer service skills to display a service-oriented attitude in addressing and responding to customer issues
• Advanced processing knowledge
• Advanced understanding of accounting rules and principles
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to take ownership of financial statements
• Understanding of local and state compliance requirements
• People management