As the leading integrated energy services company, Shawcor is responsible for protecting the integrity of operational assets across the world.
Succeeding in our current markets and pursuing our growth vision is made possible by our people. In addition to intelligence, dedication and professionalism, we look for individuals who embody our values. These include integrity, execution and technology, with a foundation of accountability, respect and doing the right thing.
Integrity is the foundation on which we were built. And it’s not just in how we operate—it’s behind every product we engineer. Its part of every new project we take on. And it’s the promise that we give our customers.
At Shawcor, we have built a true team environment where all employees are empowered to contribute to the success of the company.
We want you to join our team!
This position will be responsible for Vendor Account Payable, Reconciling Processes, Customer Service, Taxes, Audit Responsibilities, as well as Training and Development.
- Accountable accounts payable data entry.
- Process weekly check runs.
- Ensure accurate coding, track approvals according to Bill 198 approval matrix, data entry and check preparation.
- Reconcile vendor account statements.
- Reconcile all related General ledger accounts the end of the month.
- Research of miscellaneous AR checks received and responsible for depositing into operating account.
- Respond to vendor inquires and resolve issues as required.
- Respond to ad-hoc information requests on an “as needed basis”.
- Assist with year-end 1099’s.
- Respond to audit requests from External and Internal Audit which includes providing reports, reconciliation’s and analysis of AP related accounts.
- Assist AP staff with policy and procedure enforcement.
- Assist with training and development of entry level AP staff.
- 2-4 years of experience in relevant Accounting positions.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field of study.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal skills and respect for diversity.
- Attention to detail and time management.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.