About the Opportunity
Christian Art Gifts has an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to join our team as an Accounts Payable Accountant. This key position will be responsible for managing the accounts payable process, ensuring timely and accurate entry and payment of all financial obligations.
Supplier/Inventory Accounts Payable
- Work with production department, warehouse receiving, suppliers, and freight forwarder to track incoming inventory shipments and gather supplier and sea/air freight invoices before shipments arrive.
- Resolve supplier quantity and cost discrepancies before shipments are received. Adjust PO as necessary.
- Create spreadsheets to calculate and allocate shipping cost to incoming inventory.
- Work with warehouse receiving to verify quantities of incoming inventory.
- Record, track and apply supplier deposits, credits, and payments.
Operating Accounts Payable
- Gather, match, code, enter all vendor invoices.
- Process employee expense reports.
- Make timely payments of all invoices via check, credit card, and ACH.
- Reconcile credit card statements.
- Reconcile to vendor statements.
- Communicate with vendors regarding discrepancies and payment.
- Maintain monthly prepaid and accrued expense accounts. Create required journal entries.
- Maintain vendor records. Including W-9 forms, employer identification numbers, account numbers, contacts, and addresses.
- Create Accounts Payable/General Ledger reconciliation spreadsheets.
- 2-4 year Accounting Degree. Understanding of GAAP – assets, liabilities, and expenses, debits and credits.
- Cost Accounting.
- Accurate data entry skills with experience entering transactions in an ERP system.
- NetSuite ERP experience helpful.
- Solid knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Highest level of integrity and honesty.
- Ability to understand and protect confidential information.
- Strong math and analytical skills, high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Communicate effectively and maintain a professional relationship with external trade suppliers and internal employees.