Position : Accounts Payable Accountant
Location : San Antonio, TX
Duration : 12 Months Contract
Total Hours/week :40.00
- The AP Accountant is responsible for the reconciliation of the AP Aging account from the sub-ledger to the general ledger.
- The AP Accountant will also participate in SOX testing and special projects.
- This position will be responsible for interacting and communicating with respective stakeholders and collaborating with various teams.
- They will assist in the preparation of ad-hoc reports, as necessary. A person in this position is responsible to ensure that the assigned day-to-day operations are carried out in accordance with established accounting principles, policies and objectives (FASB and GAAP).
- Reconciliation of the AP Aging account from the sub-ledger to the general ledger
- Assist in the preparation of ad-hoc reports, as necessary
- Interact and communicate with the respective stakeholders.
- Participate in SOX testing and special projects
- May perform other duties as required
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of general accounting activities in accordance
- with month and year end reporting deadlines
- May participate in process improvement activities for assigned team, assigned
- function or across functions
- Ensure that all processes and policies are compliant with Internal Audit and
- Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements
- Ability to identify areas of issue and provide resolution
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner with little direct supervision
- Continuous Improvement mindset in researching and assessing standardized work
- flow procedures and policies
Education, Experience and Skills:
- BBA, BA or BS degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- Minimum of 3+ years in General Accounting
- Experience of working in complex Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) environment, (i.e. SAP, Oracle) – in the areas of Material Management, Finance and / or Logistics preferred
- Fluent English required
- Bilingual in English / Spanish or English / French a plus
- IT systems including SAP or related ERP system, Microsoft Office Suite
- Accounts Payable
- Data entry / data processing experience
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to assess priorities
- Ability to take ownership, think independently and perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills, must be able to identify trends & determine the root cause of variances
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office