Accounts Payable/Accounting Clerk reporting to the Accounting Manager. Responsible for processing the daily accounts payable transactions of the company and updating them continuously to ensure that they are effectively maintained. This will include vendor and internal communication, vendor documentation and file maintenance. Benefits include health insurance contribution, paid LTD coverage, paid Life insurance, paid vacation and eligibility to participate in a 401K retirement plan.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balance.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Enter sales taxes by calculating requirements on invoices to pay.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase orders, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Four or more years of progressive work experience in the accounts payable/ accounting field.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- Highly organized, accurate, detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Be proactive and have problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Sage Timberline a plus.
- Construction industry experience in the public sector desired.
About This Company
Boro Construction is a general construction firm founded in 1974, specializing in the construction and renovations of federal, state, and municipal buildings. Boro specializes in general construction, electrical and mechanical projects employing 175+ employees throughout the tri-state area. For more information, please go to www.boroconstruction.com.
Accounts Receivable / Payable Clerk