Exotic Automation & Supply is a Northwest Detroit Industrial Supplier and Manufacturer.
- Automation and Controls: Design, manufacture and supply hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and components.
- Hose and Fittings: Distribute hydraulic, pneumatic, industrial hose and fittings.
- Custom Manufacturing: Design and fabricate custom molded urethane, rubber and machined plastic components.
- Gasketing: Provide standard gaskets and manufacture custom die cut and spiral wound gaskets.
- Industrial Materials: Distribute a wide variety of plastic, rubber, packaging, tools, anti-fatigue matting and relating products.
- Supply Chain Management: Commodity management, kits, bin fill programs and mobile service and repair.
Exotic’s Accounting Department is currently looking for an Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Assistant to join the team in a full-time capacity.
Outstanding candidates for this position will have demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
This position is vital to the Accounting Department and is a great opportunity for the right candidate to demonstrate the capability to influence positive change in an exciting, dynamic and growing company while building a comprehensive knowledge of the business.
- Review and process all vendor invoices. Assure that proper approval has been obtained on required invoices.
- Verify purchasing, receiving and supplier information in order to accurately match and pay invoices.
- Resolve purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies.
- Charge expenses to proper accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports.
- Audit and process corporate credit card statements.
- Review and process all vendor payments. Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities.
- Respond to all vendor correspondence, including but not limited to, monthly account statements.
- Process vendor return credit memos.
- Reconcile petty cash on a monthly basis.
- Monitor email boxes and respond to vendor/customer inquiries.
- Contacting customers via phone or email to secure payment or payment commitment on past due invoices.
- Customer payment processing/application.
- Participate in special projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for knowledge of and implementation of total quality process in day to day activities.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- 2+ years of work experience (Accounting experience preferred).
- Basic PC Skills.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive information and maintain 100% confidentiality at all times.
- Proven ability to learn new concepts and apply them successfully.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Good research and resourcing skills.
- Excellent Attendance Records.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- Good decision-making, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with associates, vendors, business partners and management team. Demonstrated teamwork approach with co-workers utilizing skills in oral communication, active listening, written and oral directions and cooperating with and assisting others when needed