Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and point-to-point transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 199 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment.
- Process Purchase Orders requests within 24 hours of receipt for multiple entities
- Monitor and process requests from the accounts payable email inbox.
- Print and distribute all invoices received daily.
- Open, stamp and distribute all invoices received though the US mail.
- Assist with the processing of AP vendor invoices for multiple entities.
- Process certain check requests.
- Assist with resolution of internal and external inquiries related to purchase orders and invoices.
- File invoices and created new folders for all new vendors.
- Match electronic payments and checks with invoices for weekly check run and circuit payments.
- File W-9 forms for new vendors in appropriate binders.
- Review accounts payable vendor files at year end for archiving.
- Label, tag and log all boxes to be sent to offsite storage.
- Assist with ad hoc duties as needed.
Circuit Related Activities
- Assist Telco Billing team with:
- Daily inventory circuits and payment system.
- Daily inventory of mail: opening, keying invoice information into mail log, sorting and distributing mail to the various team members
- Managing the invoicing inbox in outlook.
- Undergraduate degree – finance, business and/or accounting is preferable
- 0-3 years of experience in telecommunications industry
- Hands-on experience with General Ledger and various accounting systems
- Experience with Great Plains is preferable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.