US LBM is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of over 8,000 employees located throughout the country. Since our founding in 2009, we have acquired over 30 companies and have expanded to more than 260 locations serving 32 states. US LBM is a progressive organization that promotes a unique culture that focuses on the value of its customers and associates. Developing our people is critical to our strategy and fostering our culture of empowerment.
Things you should know about working at US LBM:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
How you will spend your days as an Accounts Payable Clerk:
- Accounts Payable Data Entry
- Review invoices for accuracy
- Match invoices to purchase orders
- Ensure expense reports comply with company policy
- Investigate and resolve issues
- Review vendor statements
- Code invoices with proper vendor number and General Ledger account code
- Enter AP invoices into ERP system for payment in a timely and accurate manner
- Work with internal associates and external vendors relating to expense invoices
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- Monday - Friday schedule
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- We’ll support your educational and career goals with our continuous education programs
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Associate degree in Accounting (preferred but not required)
- 2-3 years of related work experience
- Strong data entry and 10 key skills
- Excel experience
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Organizational skills