Chesapeake Systems, LLC is a manufacturer’s representative for HVAC parts and equipment, located in Hanover, MD. We provide only the highest quality products and service solutions to best support the needs of engineers, contractors, wholesalers and owners. Chesapeake Systems is proud to represent some of the top manufacturers of quality HVAC products in the industry.
We currently have an opening in our Accounting Division for an Accounts Payable Specialist. We are looking for a detail oriented and highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a team environment.
This position requires a strong attention to detail, and good computer skills including an intermediate use of Microsoft Office. Experience with the Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting system is preferred but not required.
We offer an excellent compensation package, comprehensive benefits.
EEO/AA- Chesapeake Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Review invoices and check requests.
- Verify, code and enter vendor invoices into system for payment.
- Prepare and process accounts payable check runs.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Release and/or enter sales orders and print customer invoices for mailing.
- Obtain freight charges not included in vendor invoices and apply as necessary.
- Maintain and process commission payments from vendors.
- Filing paid vendor invoices.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position works in an office environment and must be able to operate standard office equipment.
Must be able to use a computer to access, input and retrieve information.
Must be able to move files and materials generally weighing up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Employer subsidized Health, Vision and Dental insurance
401k with immediate vesting
Paid Life and Disability insurance
15 days of Paid Time Off